- 3 T Fresh Horseradish (You can also use Prepared Horseradish)
- 1 Apple
- 2 1/2 lbs Pork Shoulder, with fat (you can also just use ground pork)
- 3/4 oz Kosher Salt
- 1 t Sugar
- 1 t Black Pepper
- 1/4 t Ground Fennel
- 1 T Garlic, minced
- 1/2 c Apple Cider (Unfiltered is best, but whatever you can get)
- Peel horseradish and place in food processor with the apple. Pulse several times to mince.
- Dice pork shoulder and mix with salt, pepper, fennel, garlic and the horseradish/apple mixture. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or freeze for 30 minutes. If using Ground Pork, skip the next step (obviously).
- Grind the mixture through the small die into a metal bowl placed in an ice bath.
- Add the cider and mix for at least 2 minutes.
You can stuff the sausage into casings or simply form them in plastic wrap.